Do you suffer from any of these sciatica symptoms?
- searing pain down the back of your leg
- struggling to get out of your chair without back pain that shoots down into your hamstring and calf
- tingling, numbness, weakness, or burning pain down your leg
Chiropractic care may be able to help you.
What is sciatica?
The sciatic nerve is a long nerve that originates in the lower back from the spine all the way down the leg. When the nerve is irritated you can experience symptoms right down the leg, following the path of the nerve. The nerve can be irritated at the spinal level from a joint that is not moving well, or a disc that may be bulging and creating pressure on the nerve. The nerve could also be irritated by the piriformis muscle. This is a deep gluteal muscle and if it is spasmed can place pressure on the sciatic nerve. Whatever the cause of your pinched or irritated sciatic nerve, chiropractic care could be your answer.
Dr. Anthea Holder a chiropractor in Burwood East, is an experienced chiropractor who has been in practice for over 20 years helping people with spinal and lifestyle issues including sciatica! Sciatic pain can feel debilitating, but with the gentle and natural approach of chiropractic care relief could be just around the corner.
How does Chiropractic help sciatica?
- Firstly, we need to diagnose the cause of your sciatic pain. This is done with a thorough history and examination.
- Secondly, we then determine the best course of treatment for your sciatic pain. This could include one or more of these treatments:
- Soft tissue therapy releases any tension and trigger points within involved soft tissues.
- Heat and cold therapy, the heat can release muscle tension and the cold can help reduce any localised inflammation.
- Chiropractic adjustments can help improve joint mobility and reduce irritation to the sciatic nerve, as it exits the spine through the intervertebral space.
- Rehabilitative exercises, are for you to perform at home between your visits to stretch and strengthen the muscles and create movement of the joints.
- Other lifestyle changes may be recommended to help the sciatic nerve heal and prevent further irritation in the future. These could include things such as correcting your working postures, ensuring nutritional needs are met for healing, and adequate quality sleep is met for optimal healing and repair.
Sciatic pain can be incapacitating and although it is a common occurrence in today’s world it is not something you have to put up with. With a proper diagnosis and appropriate care, Dr. Anthea Holder (chiropractor) in Burwood East can help you back to enjoying life!
How to Make an Appointment
You can book online for a free 15-minute chiropractic discovery call. You can ask any questions you might have and find out if chiropractic may be able to help your sciatica. Or you can book in online as a new chiropractic client.
As a chiropractor and nutritionist, I see patients daily that breakthrough aches and pains and reverse the signs of aging joints with chiropractic care. With help, they can turn their life around to a happier, healthier version of themselves. Make yourself a priority today, and get back to living life at your best.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Anthea Holder
(Chiropractor and Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner)