Who doesn’t love a chicken parmigiana? Dripping in cheese coated in crispy fried breadcrumbs. I love a fantastic chicken parma. But they don’t love me. I am at my healthiest when I am gluten-free and when I avoid nasty vegetable oils like canola. Unfortunately, most of the traditional parma’s at your favourite pub are fried in nasty oils. These oils are highly inflammatory. When I eat too many of these oils I notice it in my joints (I wake up feeling like an old lady, it takes me a few minutes to get moving) I also notice endometriosis pain increases dramatically! Whatever your symptoms of inflammation are, and they can be very varied, you will be better without gluten and inflammatory rancid vegetable oils.
So instead of eating the rancid oils and gluten try making this meatloaf at home. It is dead easy, mix all together and put in the oven! In fact, making a recipe seems ridiculous. But here it is for you!
Chicken Parmigiana Meatloaf
- 500 g chicken mince or turkey mince
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl combine chicken mince, egg, almond meal, mixed herbs, garlic and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 60 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes in order to brown the cheese on top.